Does my canvas site save the progress I've made in building it?

Jump to solution
davis_reina-gue
Community Novice

For example, if I were to accidentally delete a module, is there a way to recover it?  Does canvas save a backup of my site?

0 Likes
1 Solution
kona
Community Champion

@davis_reina-gue , greetings! If you only deleted things from the Module, then the content is still there (except for URL links and text headers). Removing something from the Module doesn't remove it from your course, just from Modules. All you'd need to do is re-create your Module using the content that was there before (and would still be there in your course - ex: Pages, Files, Assignments, Discussions, Quizzes). If you can't remember exactly what your Module looked like or what was in it, you could also try Canvas Beta. Canvas doesn't save a real-time back-up of your course, but Canvas Beta is refreshed once a week and you could check to see if your Module is still there - How do I access the Canvas beta environment as an instructor? This won't allow you to directly fix your module, but you could see what should be in the Module to help you re-build it. 

And, if you happen to actually really delete something from your course, you can use the undelete trick to bring it back - Undelete‌. Yet, this would only bring the content back into your course, it would not re-add it to your Module. You'd still need to recreate your Module.

Hope all of this helped! 🙂

Kona

View solution in original post

0 Likes