Draw annotations in SpeedGrader don't save automatically

rojask
Community Participant

I'm a Canvas admin working with an instructor who recently lost all of his draw annotations in SpeedGrader after he inputted a grade or navigated to a new student's submission. It turns out that he was not clicking on the check mark after creating the annotation.

He implied that the annotations saved automatically in the past. I tested further, and it seems that most, if not all, of the other tools in SpeedGrader (point annotation, highlight annotation, text annotation, strikeout annotation, area annotation) save automatically and don't require the user to click a check mark to save it.

I checked the documentation, and it looks like "If you start to make an annotation but do not submit it before the session expires, the annotation will not be saved." What is interesting is that during my testing, I found that clicking on another tool after creating a draw annotation will automatically save the draw annotation if the check mark was not clicked on.

Anyhow, I wanted to provide feedback that it would be great if the draw annotations could save automatically like the rest of the SpeedGrader tools.

Any other tips or workarounds here would be appreciated, also! Thanks!

Labels (2)
0 Likes