Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-22-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I teach medical terminology and like to use fill in the blank questions for students to define words.  The problem is that there is just a blank.  I'd like them to be able to replace the writing in the blank with the correct definition.  Currently I ...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hi Experts,    i have two user in CANVAS and changes their SIS ID manually but inadvertently i have given them wrong SIS ID. Again i have interchanged their SIS ID to correct. Example: I have 20LLB030 & 20BBAD03 already in canvas. Now, i have to chan...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-18-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello! Is there a way to auto-regrade when questions are pulled from a quiz bank? I gave a 70 point exam and there are two questions that were frequently missed and had poor statistics. I would like to accept two answers as correct for both questions...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-01-2022 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Class course. Multiple teachers. One of those teachers has removed another from the course. I am account admin - can I see who deleted this teacher? (I am NOT asking how to remove a teacher or make a teacher a faculty admin.)  Thanks in advance. John

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

I am struggling with the Immersive Reader in an assignment if I also include an External Tool. For example: the Immersive Reader will work when I create an assignment, but when I allow students to annotate using the Google KAMI integration in the ext...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am an administrator for other courses. I often have to go into these courses to check everything is fine. To reduce the time spent navigating around the site, I was wondering if it is possible to add these courses from the admin tab to the dashboar...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

To the right of any course page (module/assignment/page/etc.) is a 'Course Status' side bar which includes quick links for settings and items 'coming up'. This specifically applies for the instructor, but could also apply to students. Is it possible ...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Hi, I accidently delete all my conversation attachment files to release some space for my picture profile. After that, i didn't find some courses. How I can recover these courses?  

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I'd like to give students a choice of 6 questions where they only need to answer 4 (allowing them to answer to their strengths).  Is there a way to do this in Canvas? Just to be clear, I don't want it to randomly assign 4 of the 6 questions (like an ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-21-2022 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Everybody must take some time to review some important trails about research

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-17-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Lets say I have a page in course A can I move this page to course B via the API?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Password will reset does not send email to account. Changed password with onid still unable to get into canvas.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I love using the Learning Mastery Gradebook to calculate trend grades. However, the checkbox for "don't post Outcomes to Learning Mastery Gradebook" on the rubrics is not working. I am trying to drop certain scores from the gradebook using this featu...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have an External Learning Tool that gets all quizzes from a course and for each quiz it gets all submissions for that quiz. It then graphs data based on submission time and scores. This tool is used by multiple classes at our university and some of...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Canvas Instructor Guide defines late submissions as: "The due date is the date and time when the assignment is due. Student assignments submitted after the due date will be marked as late in the Gradebook. Due Dates are not required in Canvas, but th...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When there is an accordion containing several Kaltura videos there have been issues where instructors and students cannot view the videos. How can I find a resolution to his issue?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We have a course that has multiple instructors who all contribute to quizzes.  We have had instances when two people try to edit a quiz at the same time.  They do not get a warning that someone else is editing and one of their edits gets overwritten....

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-20-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We have been using the Google Drive External Tool  and today we are getting an error that the API is gone. Has Canvas removed this? I know they are switching to Goole Assignments....which honestly is AWFUL!!!! We loved the Google Drive External Tool ...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

It would be incredibly helpful to be able to post a new assignment, page, or text header at any place within the module vs. having to scroll up every time to the '+' icon at the top of the module.  Some modules get very lengthy, and it's frustrating ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-20-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a way to restrict teachers in changing course settings? Such as Participation/Large Course/Grading scheme. I've had a look through Course permissions but couldn't find an option that suits.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

When I click on the grade box in speed grader, a dropdown menu appears with score choices of 100, 0, 10, 24, 26. I have no idea where it came up with these numbers - 24 may have been a possible grade on one assignment, but its not common. I would lik...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I have imported some questions. Those  questions ended up on "Course Question Bank" that are not the regular "Question Bank" shown on side menu. How do I merge then or transfer questions?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have some tests that I made directly, not from question bank. Is there any way of transferring those questions to a bank?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have assignment groups that do not contribute to the end grade. So they have a weight of 0% and all their assignments are ungraded. There appear columns for each of these assignment groups in the gradebook overview. Is it possible to remove or avoi...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is grade display on course icons on the dashboard not availalbe through the Web interface? If it is available that way, how does one turn it on?  Thanks!

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 9 Replies

I just wrote a "New" Quiz in a Canvas course, and I want to link to it from a Canvas page. I know how to do this; I do it a lot. But the Quiz I've just created isn't showing up in the sidebar that opens when you select "link" and then "course links"....

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-02-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Hi,Our clients are facing an issue where images are disappearing when duplicating a course. They add images in canvas as background-images to the anchor tag<a>. The course was then duplicated,We inspected the duplicated page and found that background...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi,    Is there any way to move the CANVAS SUPPORT icon/button which is overlapping the SAVE button in the bottom left hand corner. Very inconvenient this overlaps the SAVE the button. Every time I want to save something I end up clicking on the CANV...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I want students to see a brief disclaimer with a typed acknowledgement when they first enter class, but before they actually see the modules. Is this possible?

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-16-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies