Dynamic Assignment Due Dates in Announcements

GanaNatarajan
Community Novice

Caveat: This might be a highly specialized thing that only I do and might not be entertained as a feature request; but I thought I would ask.

User Role: Instructor

I have the habit of sending weekly Announcements - usually timed to go out at 8:00 AM on a Saturday morning. One of the sections in that Announcement is a Deliverables and Deadlines section. That section would list a few upcoming Assignments/Deliverables (using the Course Links) so that the assignment portals are directly accessible if they click on it.

Here is where my ask is. I manually enter the assignment due date every time. And when I roll my course over to a different semester and adjust dates, I will have to manually change the dates on each of the announcements. Also, if I change a deadline from one Announcement to another, I have to remember to fix it to avoid causing confusion.

Is there currently a feature or is there a chance there can be a feature, where any time we want to cite/quote the due date for an assignment, there is a dynamic field/ dynamic tag that can show the "Everyone" due date at the least? I understand this may cause issues when assigning to specific students or to different sections or with mastery paths kind of things. But if there a JS trick or a CSS trick currently I would be interested in learning.

Gana

Labels (1)
0 Likes