Edit a student name in the class

Jump to solution
jluper
Community Member

How do I edit a students name? Evidently I have a student who has changed the way his name is sorted on his profile and I can not edit on my end. There should be a way that I as the teacher can edit his name in my classroom and switch the name to the correct sequence of the last name then the first name and capitalize his name properly.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello  @jluper ...

Changing a user's name changes it within your school's entire Canvas environment...not just your course.  You're going to want to reach out to your school's local Canvas administrator to ask about this student name change.  They may have policies in place where student names are coming from your school's SIS (Student Information System), and so changing a name might not be possible.  Canvas Community members wouldn't have access to that information, so it would be impossible for us to know what policies are in place at your school.  If you can get in contact with your school's local Canvas admin or your school's Online Learning department, that would be best.  I hope this helps, Jennifer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes