Email to all learners

Jump to solution
KER
Community Member

How do I send an email to all learners? I located the email function in New Analytics but this was not helpful. I am looking to send an email to all learners in the Canvas course (as I was able to send in Blackboard, Tools, Send Email)?

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Karen

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello @KER ...

Canvas does not have an e-mail tool. They have something similar called the Canvas Inbox, and while it has some of the same functionality of regular e-mail, it's not really e-mail. Rather, it's a messaging tool where you can message your students that are enrolled in your classes. And, they can message you as well. The Inbox is not e-mail because you cannot send or receive e-mails from your family and friends using the Canvas Inbox because they are, most likely, not enrolled in the same classes that you are enrolled in.

All that being said, every user in Canvas (you and your students) can set up their own notification settings to determine how they want to be notified about messages they receive via the Canvas Inbox. One of those options is to get notified via e-mail.

If you or your students add an additional e-mail address to their Canvas account, then they can set up their notification settings for that e-mail address using the Guides I've provided above. (Note, the student and instructor Guides I've shared above are pretty much the same.)

Now...to get to your question about how to send a message to everyone in your course... That is also done via the Canvas Inbox. You can follow the steps in this Guide:

I hope this information will be of some help to you. Please let Community members know if you have any questions about the above information...thanks!

View solution in original post

0 Likes