Embed Text Entry Box in a Canvas page.

Jump to solution
ShawnHoutsinger
Community Member

Is there a way to embed (HTML or Canvas feature) a text entry box for students to submit their writing to?

I realize the Assignment page has the ability to select 'text entry', but I am trying to keep students on the same page I've built.

Is it possible?

This came to me as an idea from the Youtube video: "Beyond Canvas Pages: Create Interactive Content That Will Wow Your Students (Maeve Daly)", at which (timestamp 24:47), I saw a text-entry box (see photo attachement).

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hello @ShawnHoutsinger ...

No, the RCE (Rich Content Editor) within Canvas does not have the ability to insert text fields like you are hoping.  While I understand you'd want the text fields to appear underneath content that you have built on content pages, you could essentially accomplish the same thing with New Quizzes...it's just that the "look" of your content would be slightly different than what you had designed on a regular "Page" in your course.  Otherwise, you might have to resort to embedding Google Docs/Google Forms (or Office 365 content similar to Google) in your course.

View solution in original post

0 Likes