Embed a single Google Sheet all my students can access and fill out in assignments

DeletedUser
Not applicable

I just want to embed a Google Sheet into the Rich Content Box that all my students can edit and each time it forces them to make a copy of it.  I don't want to have to go through 60 spreadsheets that are just being used for students to log the number of political ads they get in their mailboxes each day.  I just want to be able to see the one spreadsheet I embedded with all the information for each student on there.  Easiest and most straight forward [Expletive Deleted] [Expletive Deleted] in the world to do with Google Classroom.  Canvas seems is so frustratingly over-engineered (programmed?).  Sorry, rant over.  I've been trying to figure this out on my own now for 3 hours and I'm just gonna admit defeat and hope someone can answer my plea for help directly and if so.....I love you.

PS-I found the guide below while searching for an answer to my question.  I've seen hilariously  (mis)translated Chinese knock off products on  Amazon and Ebay that made more sense than these do.

You can create a group assignment by using the Group Assignment checkbox. Canvas uses group sets to assign group assignments, and each group within the group set that is assigned to the assignment is required to complete the assignment. When creating or editing a group assignment, you can assign an assignment to specific groups. You can also set different due dates and availability dates for a group within an assignment that is assigned to the rest of the class.

You will need to assign a group set as part of the assignment. You can add an existing group set, or you can create a new group set as part of the assignment and add students to groups later. However, if you create a group set with self sign-up or manual group assignments, you will not be able to use the group set until users have been added to the subgroups.

0 Likes