cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kjohn113
Community Participant

Embed images in Inbox messages?

Is there any plan for Canvas to permit embedding of images in messages sent through the Inbox?  For some of the courses I teach my students and I exchange a lot of screenshots in our emails, and it's really convenient to be able to discuss an image when it's right above and/or below the text that refers to it, rather than having to download images as attachments, open them separately, and have them on the side of the text we're exchanging. For this reason I tell my students in those classes to just email me directly and not use Inbox messaging.  Students tend to prefer the Inbox option, so it would be nice to be able to embed images in messages in it.

Keith

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Good morning, @kjohn113 ...

There has been a Feature Idea in the Community that's been around for quite a while called Add rich-content editor to Conversations - Instructure Community which may be of interest to you.  Although the original idea which was submitted doesn't specifically address embedding images, I could imagine that if the RCE (Rich Content Editor) was ever added to the Canvas Inbox (Conversations), that it would include some of the same functionality that is currently available in the RCE when building course content.

I know this might not be a direct answer to your question, but I hope it helps a little.  Please let Community members know if you have any other questions about this...thanks!

kjohn113
Community Participant

Greetings, @chofer

Thanks for this.  I see that the topic is fairly old, so I guess I was using non-standard terminology in searching for something about it.  I imagine you're right in that having rich text features will also allow for image options like embedding, and I like the ideas I saw in the thread, so I hope one day we can get this. 

Keith