Improve the inbox functionality to provide for more meaningful communication
Instructors want additional inbox functionality and settings to customize messaging among course participants.
What value could this provide to users?
- Provide functionality that is similar to what users would expect to see in email tools, such as signatures, RCE, scheduling of messages, auto-reply, and trash folder
- Update the interface to allow for easy access to common actions, such as archive and delete
- Provide additional clarity around recipients, such as showing custom section names and which student an observer is connected to
- Allow for messaging of multiple classes at one time
- Provide better default controls and actions
[Inbox] Search Inbox for sent assignment comments Submitted by: ellisonl15
[Inbox] Archiving Sent Messages Canvas Conversations Submitted by: ashlib
[Inbox] Canvas Email Messages Include Custom Section Names/Numbers in Subject Line Submitted by: abander
[Inbox] Link Observers to Students for Messaging Submitted by: TampaNative
[Inbox] Schedule a message in inbox Submitted by: awaugh
[Inbox] Create trash folder Submitted by: tomas_kojar
[Inbox] Auto-reply for Canvas messages Submitted by: sduffy4
[Inbox] Signature Block Submitted by: galvanj
[Inbox] Email (message) multiple classes at one time Submitted by: emalates
[Inbox] Add rich-content editor to Conversations Submitted by: seth
Commenting on Themes is available when Themes are Open for Voting or Prioritized.