Entering externally generated numbers into quizzes/assignments

Jump to solution
DanielWalker
Community Member

I soon have to start setting tests/exams in CANVAS. I want these to be based around questions with right/wrong numeric answers, in which, for obvious reasons, each student is given their own unique set of numbers. (These numbers are generated externally. Though they are randomized, they are not simply random numbers). Is there a way of uploading them, en masse, into CANVAS? I can easily put them into a spreadsheet or other format.) Same question, in relation to the uploading of corresponding individualized correct answers.

Thanks in anticipation, Daniel Walker 

0 Likes
1 Solution

Neither the question parameters (numbers) nor the solutions can be converted into simple formulae. For example, a paper might be based on a randomized (& different for each student - potentially hundreds) aeroplane or helicopter configuration; the parameters (mass, rotor diameter, chord, drag & lift properties etc) are outputs from fairly complex design codes, seeded with a few highly constrained random numbers. And many of the answers amount to considerably more than substituting numbers into simple formulae.  I have run and marked exams like this using MATLAB, but not using CANVAS, and the CANVAS people have now told me that the "upload" I wanted to do is not possible. Thanks anyway for taking the trouble to reply.

View solution in original post