cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cbacon1
Community Participant

Error saving comment

Jump to solution

Why do I keep getting this error message? It's really slowing down my grading: an embedded page at canvasdocs.instructure says There was an error saving this comment.

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

@cbacon1 , it's hard to tell why you're getting this error message without having access to your Canvas environment. We in the Canvas Community don't have access to that type of information, so the best thing for you to do is to report this to Canvas Support. To do this click on the Help link in Canvas and Report a Problem.

Kona

View solution in original post

smathews
Community Member

I'm wondering if it's a Google Chrome issue? The error is not coming from Canvas, but from the browser, in my experience. An instructor I work with is having the same problem when using the point annotations. 

0 Kudos
7 Replies
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

@cbacon1 , it's hard to tell why you're getting this error message without having access to your Canvas environment. We in the Canvas Community don't have access to that type of information, so the best thing for you to do is to report this to Canvas Support. To do this click on the Help link in Canvas and Report a Problem.

Kona

kleimanm2013
Community Member

I am also receiving this error very often, since Friday.

ccjones10
Community Member

Same here. It is incredibly frustrating.

smathews
Community Member

I'm wondering if it's a Google Chrome issue? The error is not coming from Canvas, but from the browser, in my experience. An instructor I work with is having the same problem when using the point annotations. 

0 Kudos
freeman1
Community Participant

same problem.

Hello, @freeman1 , and thanks for your comment. To clarify, this forum is not Canvas Support: it's part of a member-to-member community where Canvas users from around the world share their suggestions and solutions—and in most cases, the solution is marked by the person who initially asked the question, meaning that it solved the problem for them.

The members of this community don't have access to accounts or courses other than their own, so whenever someone searches through the Question Forum and does not find a member-contributed solution to their specific issue, the next step is to submit a ticket to Canvas Support (as indicated in one of the marked solutions), so that a support agent can inspect the specifics of the environment to identify the issue. General instructions for contacting Canvas Support are in How do I get help with Canvas as an instructor? 

freeman1
Community Participant

OK thanks I deleted my comment.