Existing quiz questions are not in unfilled questions in question banks?

Jump to solution
amy_mcconville
Community Novice

Quiz Questions and Question Banks 

Existing quiz questions are not in unfilled questions in question banks?

I have read here that existing quiz questions should have a copy in question banks automatically. 

This is not the case, we have many quizzes, with many many different questions, however the quiz questions in these quizzes are not in our unfilled question banks. Help on where they may be?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Shar
Community Champion

Hi Amy Worth,

If you're working with a course copy/import it's possible that someone may have gotten rid of the question banks that were created when the quizzes were initially setup. For what it's worth, a few weeks ago we got rid of our unfiled questions, altered a quiz question and then boom it showed up in unfiled again. I just tried tonight and that side-effect is no longer working.

Have no fear though, export those quizzes (individually) to create new QTI zip files and then you can import them and create question banks when you do. However, I will caution about importing those quizzes into the same course they came from as you will create a duplicate quiz.

Import Content - QTI zip file

See more at How do I import quizzes from QTI packages? 

And in case you do import into the same course and end up with 2 quizzes with the same name: https://community.canvaslms.com/thread/16889-which-quiz-is-the-copy 

Hope this advice helps,
Cheers - Shar

View solution in original post

0 Likes