Extra time on quizzes

lemonsle
Community Explorer

This is the second time I've had to contact Canvas regarding their product. It took me 5 minutes to find a place to post this issue. Strike one.

Quizzes allows instructors to provide extra time to students who have disability or other accommodations for this purpose. I have read the instructions (convoluted and misleading as they are), I have followed them, and I have discussed this topic with this very community before. Why doesn't this feature work? I set up a quiz last week (to be taken today) and gave all of the appropriate students extra time, per their LEGALLY covered educational needs. Once again, Canvas failed. Today those very same students started contacting me, telling me they had no extra time. I contacted our IT department who tells me their "backup" shows no evidence of students ever having extra time. I have over 450 students in five classes. I need an LMS that works correctly the first time, not an LMS that I have to keep checking on to be sure it's not having a "moment" at any given day and time. I also need SOMEONE who can fix this problem, instead of giving me the run-around to another department, telling me to make a suggestion for a future feature, etc. What is going on with this feature? Why is it offered if it doesn't work?

0 Likes