"due dates" hidden under "assign to"

Jump to solution
SamiRichardson
Community Member

Hiding date settings under the assign-to feature, not only adds hundreds of extra clicks to every teacher's workload, this new feature hides things teachers use for every single assignment assignment: available dates, due dates, and lock dates. It is bad UI.

Labels (1)
2 Solutions
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi @SamiRichardson ...

Most likely, you're referring to updates that were pushed out to Canvas this past Saturday.  You can see all those updates in this Release Notes document:

Canvas Release Notes (2024-07-20) - Instructure Community - 606797 (canvaslms.com)

There is a separate discussion topic where you can comment on things from the Release Notes (described in the box near the top of the link I gave you above).  Or, the direct link is here:

Solved: Features Q&A: Canvas Release Notes (2024-07-20) - Instructure Community - 606870 (canvaslms....

You might want to post your concerns over there...just as a suggestion.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

@SamiRichardson ...

Hi there.  I wanted to let you know that Instructure plans to revert things back to how they used to be for the "Assign to" and "Due Date" fields on Wednesday, August 28, 2024.  You can read more about this at: Canvas Deploy Notes (2024-08-28) - Instructure Community - 612024 (canvaslms.com).  I hope this will be helpful to you.

View solution in original post

0 Likes