Feature Request - Attendance

Jump to solution
BradleyHardin
Community Novice

Hello all, 

So the Attendance in Canvas already has FOUR permanent buttons - Present, Absent, Tardy, and Unmarked.  I was wondering if the Canvas Tech Support team could add one more button in the Attendance that could be permanent without having me add another badge manually.  The fifth button that should be considered to be permanent is "Excused".  

The reason I asked is because I have to add another badge manually EVERY semester after I import my Canvas to another class.  It is kind of annoying that I have to do this.  If the "Excused" button is one of the five buttons that is going to be permanent then it will be much easier not to have to worry about it.  So if it is considered then the five buttons should look like - "Present, Absent, Tardy, Excused, and Unmarked" or whatever the order is going to be. 

Thoughts? 

And I also believed that the photo attachment is attached. 

Thank you, 

Brad Hardin

0 Likes
1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello @BradleyHardin ...

I'm not sure if you know this, but there is a separate place to submit Feature Ideas here in the Community.  However, at this time, the Feature Idea process is getting some re-work done on it, and Instructure hopes to re-open everything at the beginning of February 2023.  Right now, nobody is able to create, comment on, or give star ratings to new/existing Feature Ideas.  You can read more about this at: Idea Conversations: The Path Forward.

Also, I wanted to let you know that there is a Feature Idea that's been out in the Community for quite some time called Attendance Overhaul.  It's kind of a "kitchen sink" Feature Idea.  Normally, Instructure asks that you separate out your suggestions so that they are only about one particular thing and not several things about one topic...as is the case with this Feature Idea.  Maybe once the Feature Idea process re-opens, you can add your feedback to this Feature Idea I've linked for you.

Hope this will help a bit!

View solution in original post

0 Likes