Feedback with 2 Submissions

Jump to solution
EmN
Community Member

I submitted 2 assignments (1st draft and 2nd draft) but it's under the same assignment. Is there a way to see professor feedback on my first submission since I can only see the 2nd submission now? 

0 Likes
1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi there, @EmN ...

Unfortunately, students are only able to see their most recent submission to a given assignment.  Never fear, though.  Your instructor is able to see all submissions for your assignment...which are time and date stamped.  For example, in this Instructor Guide, you can see where an instructor would be able to see all past and current submissions for an assignment:

How do I view the details of a submission for a st... - Instructure Community (canvaslms.com) (see the section on "Evaluate Multiple Submissions")

Now, I may have some good news for you as well.  There is a new assignment view for students called "Assignment Enhancements" which does appear to allow students to see all of their submissions.  However, this option has to be turned on by your school's local Canvas administrator.  And, not all schools that are using Canvas have turned this on for their faculty.  So, this might be the case for your school, too.

How do I view an assignment in a course using Assi... - Instructure Community (canvaslms.com)

As you can see in this Guide, if you look at the section on "View Assignment", there is a drop-down that shows the attempt number.  This would allow you to view past attempts as well as current attempts at a given assignment.  But again, this particular "Assignment Enhancements" view may not be turned on at your school, and you'd need to have a conversation with folks at your school to see when they plan on enabling this in your school's Canvas environment.  I took a quick glance at your school's website, and I found the following page which may be of help: eLearning Services | Shoreline Community College.

I hope this information will be of some help to you.  Sing out if you have any other questions about this...thanks!

View solution in original post

0 Likes