File Downloads as HTML login page

echang
Community Novice

I have a question regarding a problem in downloading files.  I have a class that I'm supporting has been running since January. The instructor has a various files and PDFs in FIles. I have one student who can clicks to open any file and it opens in the viewer. They can also click on the vertical ellipsis (three dots) and download the file.  But after opening the file and clicking on the download button upper right corner, Canvas gives them a HTML link and asks the student for their user name and password.  The student enters their information but Canvas displays the message "having trouble accessing your account" and it doesn't download the file. No other students in the class have this problem and the student in question hasn't had this problem all semester (that is, until Monday night). The student has no problems logging into Canvas so their ID is working. While they have a work around to download the file, it doesn't explain why just their account lost the download functionality when viewing files. 

Anyone ever see this happen and know how to fix the problem?