Folder creation for student upload

Jump to solution
bamidelemtthw
Community Novice

How do I create a folder for students to upload their assignments

1 Solution
kblack
Community Champion

Hi  @bamidelemtthw  Welcome to the Canvas Community. Canvas does not work quite that way that some other systems might with instructors having to create something like an "assignments" folder.  Instead, students submit an assignment online by your creating an assignment with the Submission Type: menu set to "online" and with "file upload" enabled. This is covered in this online lesson:  How do I create an online assignment? The cool thing with this feature is that you can then either download the assignment or just comment on it directly within the Canvas DocViewer, assuming that the file submitted is compatible with the DocViewer.  (Most commonly-used ones are, though the online lesson just linked to has another link that will show a listing of compatible files.)  The best starting place for accessing these assignments starts with this online lesson, though you should probably check the Next topic link at the bottom and continue from there: How do I use SpeedGrader?  If you prefer videos, there is one here:  

You also have the ability of downloading all assignments as a .zip file if you prefer to look at the original submission, as covered here: How do I download all student submissions for an assignment? and then even re-upload them with comments, as covered here: How do I upload all student submissions for an assignment? 

So, lots and lots of options available!  Hope this helps a bit, Matthew.

View solution in original post