Getting into my assignments and quizzes

Jump to solution
NancyBlinn
Community Member

I am having one heck of a time getting into my assignments and quizzes...nothing is listed for me. I have tried reaching out to my instructor and Canvas...has anyone else had this issue and have any suggestions?? I need help. I can see under my Instructor info the dates the assignments are due and it has a link but then the link takes me t my blank Canvas page...I am incredibly frustrated. Then, when I click on support it never goes anywhere!!! I have cleared my cookies...not sure what else to do... the first discussion is in 3 days!! Thanks of anyone can help!

Nancy 

Labels (1)
1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

@NancyBlinn ...

Thanks for sharing those screenshots.  The last screenshot might be the most helpful.  My guess (and this is just a guess) is that your instructor has either:

• incorrectly linked items on that page
  • forgotten to update some links to point to the correct content

You did the right thing in contacting your instructor,  You might want to reach out again to your instructor to double-check that he/she has linked those items correctly...and tell him/her what is happening on your end.  Usually, if you hover your mouse over one of the links, you can look at the bottom of your browser, and you'll see a CourseID number after "/courses/" in the URL.  That number should match the CourseID number that is displayed in your address bar at the top of your browser window.  If it doesn't, then the link is most likely not correct.  Also, your instructor has a tool available to him/her to verify links to check for anything broken or pointing to different courses.  You might want to share this link with your instructor, too:

How do I validate links in a course?

I hope this information will be helpful to you!  Good luck in your conversations with your instructor.

View solution in original post