Global Download of All Page Views in a Course

Jump to solution
LanceChaulk
Community Novice

Hello, I am a Canvas LMS Admin for my institution. Below is a feature request I would like to introduce. 

Feature Request:

We request a new feature in Canvas that allows instructors and administrators to globally download all page views in a course. This feature would enable us to see which individuals have accessed specific content (such as pages, modules, or assignments) within a course without having to check user access reports for each student individually.

Current Challenge:

Currently, Canvas does not provide a way to pull a global report of page views across a course. To determine who has visited a particular item in Canvas, instructors must manually check the user access report for each individual student. This process is time-consuming and cumbersome, especially for courses with many students.

Proposed Solution:

We propose adding a feature that allows a global download of all page views for a course. This feature could be added to the course analytics or reports section, where instructors can easily generate a report that shows all page views for the entire course, broken down by user and item.

Benefits of the Feature:

1. Improved Efficiency: Instructors and administrators would save significant time and effort by generating a single report instead of checking individual user access reports.
  2. Enhanced Course Insights: This feature would provide a clearer overview of student engagement with course materials, helping instructors identify content that may need improvement or additional attention.
  3. Better Decision-Making: With a global view of page access, instructors can make data-driven decisions to support student success, such as identifying students who may need additional support based on their interaction with course materials.

Context:

This request originated from our need to determine how many individuals accessed a particular link in a course. Upon contacting Canvas Support, we were informed that the current system only allows checking user access reports for individual students. We believe that adding a global page view download feature would greatly enhance the functionality and user experience of Canvas for all institutions.

Labels (3)
0 Likes
1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

@LanceChaulk ...

Hi there.  I'm not sure if you are aware of this, but there's a separate area here in the Community for you to submit your feature requests.  You'll need to re-submit it to that space.  Please review the Guides located at: Instructure Community Guide - Instructure Community (canvaslms.com)...in particular the Guides under the heading "Ideas and Themes".  I hope this helps...good luck!

View solution in original post

0 Likes