cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NicolaWeber

Grade book status colours

Jump to solution

Working in the grade book, I would like cell to turn green once the student has satisfactorily completed the task.  I have attached a screenshot of our current set up and another of what I would like it to look like.

I can see how to change the Status colour for: Late, Missing, Resubmitted, Dropped or Excused options but I can't see anything to change for Satisfactory/Not Yet Satisfactory. 

I have changed our grading settings and can't see an option for colouring. 

Thank you.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
mswope
Community Participant

Hi Nicola -

What you are requesting is not a feature within the traditional Canvas Gradebook. However, I would encourage you to take a look at the Learning Mastery Gradebook, as the LMG is designed to track student mastery of Outcomes and presents this information in a color coded format such as what you are suggesting.  You can learn more about the Learning Mastery Gradebook here:

How do I use the Learning Mastery Gradebook to view outcome results in a course?

You also might consider creating a new request in Ideas. (How do I create a new idea conversation in the Instructure Community?)

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Ron_Bowman
Community Champion

@NicolaWeber -

I like what you are describing.  Especially if the students would see the same working and colorization in their grade view.

I do not have an answer for what you are wanting to do - other than it is something that could probably be done with a javascript.  If you did have something like that, it could be incorporated into your schools instance of Canvas so that it is seamless for all instructors.  I do not know how any of that is done, but I do know it is possible to take javascript code and get it incorporated into the instance of Canvas at your institution (mine did it with one of James' canvancements).

As for the grade showing as Satisfactory/Not Yet Satisfactory - is that something that can be displayed already?  Or are you looking for a way to have that phrasing appear based on the actual score on an assignment?

mswope
Community Participant

Hi Nicola -

What you are requesting is not a feature within the traditional Canvas Gradebook. However, I would encourage you to take a look at the Learning Mastery Gradebook, as the LMG is designed to track student mastery of Outcomes and presents this information in a color coded format such as what you are suggesting.  You can learn more about the Learning Mastery Gradebook here:

How do I use the Learning Mastery Gradebook to view outcome results in a course?

You also might consider creating a new request in Ideas. (How do I create a new idea conversation in the Instructure Community?)

0 Kudos