Gradebook Filters

Jump to solution
JessicaRussler
Community Explorer

With the new filters feature, is there a way to select more than one section filter to display at the same time? I have eight cross-linked sections, and toggling to each one individually is time-consuming. 

Labels (1)
1 Solution
brpotts
Instructure
Instructure

Hi @JessicaRussler,

Thanks for posting this question! I did some digging and found that unfortunately there is no way to select multiple sections in the Gradebook filters currently. You can select multiple students or multiple assignments in the search fields (guide here) but that functionality does not currently exist for sections.

If this is something you'd like to see implemented in Canvas in the future, the next recommended step would be to document your idea in our community. The best way to share product feedback is by submitting an Idea in the Roadmap section in the Canvas Community. This forum provides users a space to participate in current product priorities and share and collaborate on ideas to improve or enhance Canvas. This is where our software developers will go to prioritize their work.  These two articles also dive into this process:

The workaround I can offer is having each section's Gradebook opened in different tabs on your browser so that you can go tab to tab rather than changing the filter each time. I realize this is probably not the most ideal solution, but it may save you some clicks! Let us know if you have additional questions.

View solution in original post