Grading Quizzes

Jump to solution
amerkel
Community Member

Hello,

Is it possible to grade a quiz myself without making every question an essay question?

Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

@amerkel -

edit:  Which quiz engine are you using?  New Quizzes or classic quizzes?

Amy - I am not sure what you mean about partial credit on multiple answer multiple choice questions that you assign 0 points to.  Because it is worth 0 points the students will receive 0 points.  If it is the fact that students will see the answer they marked as correct, but all the others are marked as wrong because they were selected.  

The way you describe multiple questions worth 0 points and the essay question worth 10 points is the way I would have recommended.  If the issue with this set up is that the students don't select all the correct answers, then a different approach may be needed.

I will have to say that without knowing what you are doing with the questions on the quiz, the way you described the quiz is intriguing - you don't care about the questions worth 0 points and then you want everything in the essay question to be graded.   I am not sure what the 0 point questions are for - unless it is to provide information to the students to use when answering the essay question.

View solution in original post