HIDING QUIZ QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS FROM STUDENTS AFTER TAKING

Jump to solution
NICKANDERSON1
Community Member

Hi All,

New Canvas user here.

We have two groups of students that attend class on different days (ie MWF vs TR).  The course/quizzes/exams are exactly the same for all students, just taught on different days.

I need to assure that students, for example, who take a quiz in class on Monday can't go home after class, pull up the quiz and see the questions/answers, take screenshots, and send the screenshotted questions/answers to the students who are taking the quiz on Tuesday.  I proctor the quizzes during class, but I need to assure the students aren't compromising the quizzes at home after they take it.

I understand how to hide the answers students selected by unchecking the "Let Students See Their Quiz Responses" box, but how do I prevent the Monday students from viewing the questions (and answer choices) until after the Tuesday students have taken the quiz?  I don't want the Monday students to be able to open the quiz at all until after the Tuesday students have taken it.  I just can't take a chance that the Monday students will go home and screenshot the quiz questions and answers and send them to the Tuesday students, even if the correct answers aren't marked.  After everyone has taken the quiz, I'm fine with giving all of the students the ability to open and review the quiz questions, their answers, and the correct answer.

Thanks!!

0 Likes
1 Solution
jcarpenter1
Panda Pros
Panda Pros

Hello NickAnderson1 and welcome to the Community.  I suggest using an access code for the test.  Make one and give it to your Mon/ Wed. Class.  After the first class has taken the test, change the access code.  These options are in the settings for the quizzes.  

View solution in original post