Homepage content disappears

Jump to solution
julie_dana
Community Member

Hi All,

Hoping you can help.  I have a front page with a bitmoji on it.  Now when I make it the Homepage, it shows for seconds and then the entire page disappears.  Not sure what is going on...any ideas?  The same thing happens when I look at it in the Pages area.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
mzimmerman
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi Julie,

Did you cut and paste the content into this page from another web page?

From your description, it sounds like you have some broken/incomplete HTML formatting in the page.  This is not uncommon when cutting and pasting from another web page, because it's easy to miss the hidden HTML formatting tags when selecting what to copy.

Most likely there is some kind of missing "close" tag toward the end of the page, so that the page starts to render, but then by the time it gets to the end of the page to finish rendering a few seconds later, the broken formatting comes into play.

When this happens, I switch over to the HMTL view in the text editor and look for broken/missing tags at the end, but you have to know enough HTML to be able to recognize what is missing.

An alternative is to copy the HTML view of the page into an HTML validator tool, like the one at https://validator.w3.org/#validate_by_input+with_options 

View solution in original post