Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
valkyriearmstro

How Do I Find an Assignment That I Submitted From a Course Last Year?

Jump to solution

I am applying to colleges and a couple of them requested a graded essay from one of my courses. I would like to pick one from my AP English Language and Composition class that I took last year, but I don't see an option on Canvas to open a previous course.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ericwerth
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello  @valkyriearmstro and welcome to the Canvas Community!  If you go to the "courses" tab and at the bottom of this menu click on "all courses", when you scroll down to the bottom of the course list do you see a section called "past enrollments".  Your institution may be set up differently than ours, but if a previous class was no longer on student's dashboard where I work this is where students would go to access past courses.  The past enrollments section is shown in this document, How do I customize my Courses list as a student? 

If you don't see this you may need to contact the group that supports Canvas at your institution (maybe IT, eLearning, or similar) and ask about access to older classes.

I hope this helps and good luck in your application process!

View solution in original post

1 Reply
ericwerth
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello  @valkyriearmstro and welcome to the Canvas Community!  If you go to the "courses" tab and at the bottom of this menu click on "all courses", when you scroll down to the bottom of the course list do you see a section called "past enrollments".  Your institution may be set up differently than ours, but if a previous class was no longer on student's dashboard where I work this is where students would go to access past courses.  The past enrollments section is shown in this document, How do I customize my Courses list as a student? 

If you don't see this you may need to contact the group that supports Canvas at your institution (maybe IT, eLearning, or similar) and ask about access to older classes.

I hope this helps and good luck in your application process!