cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lph
Community Champion

How are tables added in new RCE?

Good morning and happy holidays!

Since it’s vacation time then it seemed like a good time to play with the new RCE; however, the option to build a table is missing on the iPad. I haven’t check on a desktop. Is this expected behavior?

333768_11F639F7-3611-48AF-8F1E-7DEE44709831.jpeg

4 Replies
Shar
Community Champion

Hi Layne Heiny,

That's strange, I have the table button on my toolbar-- on desktop browser. I am also able to ALT+F9 to get the extra menu to appear.

new RCE with menu and toolbar

What's the bomb in your screen? Are you using the Canvas Teacher App to pull up the RCE or are you using Safari on the iPad?

Hope your toolbar shows up,
Cheers - Shar

lph
Community Champion

Hi

After exploring this a bit, the iPad chrome does not show the table option. The Mac OS Catalina and Chrome work just fine. 

The bomb icon dropdown provides Upload/Record Media, Course Media, and User Media. 

cholling
Community Champion

Just catching up on reading since the holidays. Has the missing table option in iPad chrome been determined to be a feature or a bug? Is it iPad in general or Chrome browser that is the anomaly? Is the bomb icon unique to your institution's Canvas installation or something that will be present for everyone (and if so, why isn't is showing for ishar-uw

Thanks.

lph
Community Champion

Hi

On my MacBook with Catalina, and using the chrome browser, the bomb icon does not appear and the table icon is available. Unfortunately, I don't have an answer regarding your other questions.