How do I bulk edit and bulk check assignment options?

Jump to solution
yoffema
Community Explorer

1) Suppose I want to configure all assignments within a group with the same grading options, e.g., assign each one 10 points and allow unlimited submission attempts.  Is there a way to configure them all at once?  

Alternately, is there a way to pull up an editable table containing the options for all assigments (the way there is for dates)?

2) Likewise, even if can't pull up an editable table for assigment options, is there a way to bulk check assignment options, i.e., pull up a single table showing what the options are for each assignment in a group (again, like there is for dates)?

It's tedious to have to manually enter each assigment to adjust these settings.  And you're more likely to make an error if you can't scan through a single table that lists the options for all assigments.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Good evening, @yoffema ...

Unfortunately, there aren't any ways on the current UI (User Interface) of assignments to bulk edit details of all your assignments on one screen (like you can now do with availability and due dates).  And, to be honest, I am not even sure if there would be anything available via API that would allow you to do this.  (If there was, that's beyond my scope of knowledge, so hopefully someone with more experience in that area would be able to chime in.)

I searched the Community to see if I could find any existing Feature Ideas that might be close to what you are asking.  Here are a few that I found:

If any of these Feature Ideas would meet your needs, I would encourage you to post a comment to the relevant threads letting Instructure engineers know why this is important to you...even giving a real-world example.  Also, you can give any of those Ideas a star rating.  [More details on that found in How do idea conversations work in the Instructure ... - Instructure Community (canvaslms.com)].

I hope this will be of some help to you.  Let Community members know if you have any other questions about this...thanks!

View solution in original post