How do I change I login to my parent accoutn

Jump to solution
mstutsman
Community Member

How do I login to the parent account, observer? I want to change notification settings and I have no idea how to do this.  My daughter sign's in to the district's site, and it is under her, not me.  I want to do this online via a computer and do not want to add another app on my phone.  Please help.  I am extremely frustrated with this and have wasted well over an hour trying to figure this out.  Would someone from the company actually answer this question?  It isn't even easy to send an email to ask how to do this!

0 Likes
1 Solution
KristinL
Community Team
Community Team

Hi @mstutsman -

Welcome to the Canvas Community!

Each district has a unique URL. While I can't help you with your account information, it's important that you start in your district. That's the only place your account information will work.

CSNSUD uses SSO, and this is where the district led me. As an observer, you should have your own account and password, separate from your student. 

https://norcohs.cnusd.k12.ca.us/our_school/contact_us <-- This looks like a great place to start as a family member!

As a Community member, I can't do much more with your account creation, but once you've collaborated with the high school's tech support, here are some helpful resources to get you started:

How do I set my Canvas notification preferences as an observer? 

How do I link a student to my user account as an observer? (Your school may help you do this or do it automatically, depending on how they set up everything!)

Clarity for Canvas Observers 

There's a lot of amazing resources in the Community. Any time you'd like to learn more, please reach out. You can reply to this thread or start a new one. 

View solution in original post