How do I customize a home page?

Jump to solution
angietilson
Community Novice

I have to customize a home page as an assignment for my Canvas training.  The training directs to 2.7: Home Page stating that I have learned how to select and build a home page by watching the module. I've watched it several times but can't locate the starting point, "Choose Home Page".  I'm logged in but I don't have the options to choose from that the module shows.  Also, it mentions a "sandbox"...a play space to build and try things out.  Where is the "Sandbox"?! I'm struggling to understand your program and my school is actually implementing this program in August when school starts back.  I would like to figure this out as this is my summer professional development and has to be completed before school starts as well.  If someone would like to talk to me via phone, that would be great!  Just email me and let me know.  Emailing back and forth will waste more time than just calling and talking me through it.  Thank you!  

Angie Tilson

0 Likes
1 Solution
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

@angietilson  Welcome to the Canvas Community!

The members of this global forum aren't able to see the content of your training course and don't have access to accounts and courses other than their own. That said, here's some general assistance that might help:

A recently-answered similar question about sandbox courses: creating a sandbox 

Setting the course home page (which you would do in the sandbox course): How do I change the Course Home Page? 

If you have additional questions about the content of the training, please reach out directly to the instructor or course facilitator for the training course. Feel free to come back here whenever you have general how-to questions about using Canvas and its features. Smiley Happy 

View solution in original post

0 Likes