Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
guest4

How do I find when a student has accessed a page?

Is there a way to find when students are clicking on links in Canvas?

For example, the current analytics page only tells me how many times a student has accessed a resource, and when the last access was.

What if a student accesses the link 3 times, and I want to see when this student accessed the page for the second or first time, not just the latest access? Is there a way to do that? That is, is there a way to track each time for each access of a page for a student?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

@guest4 ...

Your school's local Canvas administrator or someone from your school's Online Learning/eLearning department may be able to help you with this request.  There is an area that Administrators have access to where they can view individual student page views.  However, this report is for all courses that a student is enrolled in ... not just one specific course.  So, your administrator would have to do a bit of extra work to filter out just those page views for your course.  Here is an administrator Guide with more information: How do I view the page views for a user in an account?.

There may be other ways to get the information you are seeking, but this was the first thing that came to my mind.  I hope this will help a bit...thanks!  Take care, stay safe, and be well.