How do I give an assignment to a group of students without having to type in each name?

Jump to solution
jeconrad2020
Community Novice

I have 90 kids (between 3 hours) and want to create two groups, group A and group B. Group A is on target and Group B is advanced.  Is there an easy way to assign an assignment to Group B without having to enter each name when creating the assignment?

I tried to create a group.  I assigned an assignment to Group A and a different one to Group B.  However, when one student submitted their assignment from a group, it submitted that same file to each of the students in the group.  I unchecked the box so I could grade each student separately, but it still submitted the assignment for each student in that group.

Thank you for any help,

Julie

0 Likes
1 Solution
Bobby2
Community Champion

Hi  @conradj  Welcome to the Canvas Community.

Here's a guide to support you with your request.https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-10107-415254248 

Of particular note is 

You can choose to assign grades to students individually by selecting the Assign grades to each student individually checkbox.

If this box is left unchecked, all the students in the group will receive the same grade.

Sing out if you need a hand.

View solution in original post

0 Likes