How do I move old emails into different folders?

Jump to solution
IanStewart
Community Member

Hello all,

I have been teaching the same course for several years and I have quite a backlog of emails that I want to clear but at the moment I only seem able to 'Archive' them, which presumably just dumps them into one big folder. I would prefer it if I could archive them into folders from different semesters so I could find them more easily if I need to (e.g. 'Spring 2021', 'Fall 2021'). Is there a way to do this?

Thank you!

0 Likes
1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

@IanStewart ...

When you go to your Canvas Inbox (which is not the same as e-mail, by the way), the default view is to show you all messages ... as indicated by the "All Courses" drop-down menu at the top left corner of the "Inbox" screen.  If you click on this drop-down list, you will probably see "Favorite Courses" (those that you have starred on the "Courses" >> "All Courses" screen) and "More Courses".  If you look at either of these, you can filter your view to see only the messages that have been sent to you for the specific courses in either of those folders.  Unfortunately, I don't know of a way to change the default "All Courses" view to something else when you click on the "Inbox" folder.

Does this help to answer your question?  Please keep us posted here in the Community.  Thanks!

View solution in original post