How do I save a Canvas Assignment on my home computer - with images I have inserted?

Jump to solution
jay_lewenstein
Community Member

Hola Canvas,

First of all, thank you for your support and attention.

I often include charts, graphs, and images in my Canvas assignments.

Sometimes, I provide a complicated series of instructions with visuals each step of the way.

When I try to save these assignments, I often lose the images.  It becomes very time-consuming to insert them all once again. 

Here is my question: 

How can I save these assignments on my home computer.  Or, how can I email them - complete - to other teachers.

Usually I copy and paste the assignment into a word document and save it in a pdf file. 

Please let me know what I can do to effectively save my assignments.

Paz,

JL

0 Likes
1 Solution
stuart_ryan
Community Novice

Hi Jay,

Great question, I know the cause of this (it is due to the images being uploaded to Canvas, hence, I would anticipate it is the file links that break when you try to save them locally). However, I have a few good options for you and it can all be done right within Canvas.

Firstly, if the teacher is also a teacher in your course, or otherwise has access to your course, they could use selective content import to simply copy the assignment into their own using this How do I select specific content as part of a course import?

However, I think the better option would be to look at using Canvas Commons which is designed exactly for this purpose. Commons allows you to share anything from an individual image all the way to a specific assignment and up to a full course.

There are a few guides which are of relevance that I think will point you in the right direction:

I hope that helps and should make it super easy to share the resources with other teachers!

Stuart

View solution in original post