Feature Ideas, why is this a thing?
10-14-2019 01:05 PM
What is the intent behind submitting feature ideas and how did this get to be a thing?
The reason I ask this question is for few reasons
- If the feature idea is such a great idea, then why is it so hard to find one to vote one.
- Feature ideas are like posting a video of my cat in YouTube and hoping it goes viral. I feel that the chances are about the same.
- I teach biology and environmental science. I actually have a very hard time writing a proper feature request because I don’t have the technical background to do so.
- It absolves Canvas of poor design if I have to submit a feature idea every time something doesn’t work as intended. The tech person can just say, “It was designed to function that way, you will have to submit a feature idea.”
- If my feature idea goes viral then Canvas doesn’t implement it. The dreaded, “This idea will not influence this developmental cycle”.