cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kasthuri_henry

How do I schedule one WebEx for two classes for a shared live session weekly?

Good afternoon, I am scheduled to teach 2 different sections of the same course. That means I need to cover WebEx live lessons with both sections of the same course on the same day.  How do I schedule both canvas classrooms into the same WebEx and have the recording available to students in both classes?

Looking for guidance with getting the WebEx set-up today.  Thank you!!!

Warm Regards, 

Prof. Kas Henry

0 Kudos
1 Reply
ColtonSwapp
Instructure
Instructure

Hello @kasthuri_henry 

Webex is technically a third party tool in Canvas LMS. If you need to get more information on how to use the tool within your Canvas course, your institution's IT helpdesk should be able to get you those details. 

In my experience, Webex is very user friendly for faculty and students to use. Typically, you can setup one meeting and have students from both sections join the when you go live. Depending on your course and it's configuration, you can also schedule a meeting for one section of students and another for the other. 

Recordings are typically stored in the Cloud Recordings section of the tool. Students should be able to click on the Webex navigation link in your course, and select the Cloud recordings button. This will allow them to watch and even re-watch any recordings you have made available to the course. Recordings can take some time to process after you have ended the meeting. This is dependant on how large the recording actually is. In most cases they are available within a few minutes. 

Hopefully this helps! 

-Colton 

0 Kudos