How do I stop a Module from continuing to the next Module?

Jump to solution
ivan_oropeza
Community Novice

I want Modules to stand by themselves instead of continuing to the next Module.

1 Solution
kblack
Community Champion

Hi  @ivan_oropeza  Welcome to the Canvas Community. In fact, the default behavior of modules is that they do operate as independent "units" within a Canvas course site.  You can create as many modules as you like in any order that you like.  You actually have to go through more effort to force modules to be in a specific order (exemplified by instructions such as How do I add prerequisites to a module?   or How do I add requirements to a module?) than to just let them exist on their own.

Unless I'm misunderstanding your question entirely, the best suggestion is to create your modules and populate them as you will.  If you are concerned, however, as to the order that the modules appear from the student's perspective, then indeed you may find yourself having to shuffle them around a bit to kind of "force" the most current unit/class to the top of the pile.  I found myself doing that quite often, in fact, when teaching a class where I did NOT have any prerequisites but simply wanted to have students see that week's topic or unit on the top.

I hope this helps a bit, Ivan.  You may also find the infographic posted her of interest: https://community.canvaslms.com/groups/k12/blog/2017/12/19/so-whats-a-module-anyway?commentID=107264 

View solution in original post