cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sara_samples1
Community Participant

How do I stop observing a student?

Jump to solution

TLDR: How do I stop observing a student?

I am a teacher who also supervises a group of guided study students each quarter.  I had these students add me as an observer so that I could help them track their grades and assignments.  I would like to STOP observing these students all together when they are no longer in my guided study group.  I do not just want to hide their courses, I want to cease being an observer on their account all together.  Anyone know how to make this happen?

Thanks,

SJS

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
klundstrum
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi! There is not a way for an Observer to do this. Your Canvas Admin can help with this process though! You can reach them by going to Help then Support a ticket. (How do I get help with Canvas?‌)

View solution in original post

5 Replies
klundstrum
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi! There is not a way for an Observer to do this. Your Canvas Admin can help with this process though! You can reach them by going to Help then Support a ticket. (How do I get help with Canvas?‌)

View solution in original post

This is really unacceptable.  If I can enroll myself, I should be able to unenroll myself.  

My institution does not have an option to generate a support ticket. 

@sara_samples ‌, the Report a Problem option in the Help menu is how a support ticket is generated. This is what I saw on the school's global navigation menu:

308123_oshkosh support menu.png

(I changed the avatar, and also obscured the support hotline telephone number as it is specific to the school.)

Are those links not visible in your view?

sara_samples1
Community Participant

Yes, it's just that that does not look like the support ticket link image in the link you provided.  I can report a problem.  I still think that this is foolish way to go about things.  I guess I will not be using the observer feature for students in this capacity anymore. 

klundstrum
Community Coach
Community Coach

I know that this doesn't fix this challenge immediately, but you may be interested in this feature idea which is currently open for voting: https://community.canvaslms.com/ideas/12960-unlinking-an-observer-account