How do I upload an assignment?

Jump to solution
lward
Community Novice

I am a teacher. A student emailed a completed assignment, how do I get in the right place so that I can grade and record the grade?

I downloaded it to a oneDrive, but now what?

Where or what screen do I need to be in to down load it?

I have also tried logging in as the student, did not work; where do I login to do that?

I am not a geek! I need step by step instructions (with pictures if that is possible).

Thank you

0 Likes
1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello  @lward ...

It is normally the responsibility of the student to upload his/her attachment to the assignment that you created in your Canvas course.  Assuming that your assignment has been created in your course [], the student would then upload the assignment following the steps in these tutorials:  and .  There isn't anything that currently exists that would allow you to submit an assignment on behalf of a student.  However, there is this Feature Idea that is open for voting: https://community.canvaslms.com/ideas/1124-submit-an-assignment-on-behalf-of-a-student" modifiedtitl....  If you feel that this Feature Idea aligns with something you would like to see implemented in Canvas, I would encourage you to vote on it and maybe add a comment to it letting Instructure know why this would be important to you.

I hope this helps, Louise.  Stay safe, and be well.

View solution in original post

0 Likes