cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
amy_umberger
Community Member

How do you get the New Quiz into your Module?

Jump to solution

I made a "New Quiz" but now I don't know how to assign it to my different classes or how to even put it into my module page.  It doesn't populate when I try to Add Quiz inside the Module.

343623_pastedImage_1.png

Tags (1)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Stef_retired
Community Team
Community Team

Hi,  @amy_umberger , I will say right up front that this is a bit confusing, but since New Quizzes are based on the assignment content type, you should find your newly-created new quiz in the list when you toggle to Assignments from Quiz.

View solution in original post

debra_russell
Community Participant

So Nancy how do you do it as I am also unable to work it out.

Cheers

Debra Russell

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Stef_retired
Community Team
Community Team

Hi,  @amy_umberger , I will say right up front that this is a bit confusing, but since New Quizzes are based on the assignment content type, you should find your newly-created new quiz in the list when you toggle to Assignments from Quiz.

Thank you!  I see it now.  Do you know how to "moderate" the quiz?? In old Quizzes I could make two versions and then just assign it to one class during a specific window.  I don't see those features on the new quiz.

@amy_umberger , you should be able to assign a new quiz to a specific section using the instructions in https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-10434-4152669141 

nancym
Community Participant

Hi Stefanie,

Following up on this question, am I correct in thinking that it is not possible to put a newquiz in a module and make it part of a module requirement or sequence as can be done with quizzes?  I can find the newquiz in assignments as you have described above.  

@nancym , I'm not aware of that limitation; did you run into issues when you added a quiz created with the New Quizzes tool to the module progression?

nancym
Community Participant

Yes, that was it. I just now see how to get the new quiz into the module. Thank you!

debra_russell
Community Participant

So Nancy how do you do it as I am also unable to work it out.

Cheers

Debra Russell

0 Kudos

New quizes breaks some forms of progression, since there is no "Next" button.  It dumps you back into modules.  I use, but do not display my modules.  I want my students to follow my pages and links.  In this case it always dumps you back at the home page.

The workaround is to make the new quiz inside of an iframe on a page.  Then you can see the previous/next buttons.  This has the disadvantage of breaking the module's conditions for a particular score to move on, though, since pages don't have scores.