How do you insert a photo into an assignment description?

Jump to solution
kristin_susedik
Community Novice

I'm a Canvas rookie and my school is going virtual starting tomorrow.  I took a selfie in my work area at home and I want my students to do the same as their first check in assignment (I'm a student support teacher).  How do you insert a photo?  It looks like I have 3 choices (URL, Canvas, and Flickr which I don't even know about).

Thanks for any help I can get!

1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there,  @kristin_susedik  Thank You for posting your question.  Inserting a photo as part of your assignment description is fairly easy to accomplish, and you can do it while editing your assignment details.  There are a couple ways you can accomplish the same task, so here are the Guides you'll want to look at:

Also, since you'll be using the Rich Content Editor (RCE) while editing content in your course (including that assignment), here's a video tutorial for your review: .  Keep in mind, though, that later this Summer, all Canvas customers will be getting a New Rich Content Editor in place of the current one, and so here's a video showing what new features are in the New RCE: .

I hope this information will be of help to you, Kristin.  Sing out if you have any other questions about this...thanks!

View solution in original post