How does a student view their learning mastery?

Jump to solution
CARLANOVRESKE
Community Novice

According to the canvas user guides, students are able to access their learning mastery by toggling between their grades as assignments vs their grades as learning mastery as instructors can see in canvas. However, when I log in as a student, I am no longer able to see that option. What do I do? I want the students to be able to see which outcomes they have mastered whenever they look at their grades.

0 Likes
2 Solutions
jcarpenter1
Panda Pros
Panda Pros

Hello CARLANOVRESKE and welcome to the Community.  In order for students to see their Learning Mastery, you need to turn it on.  Go to Settings, Feature Options, and turn on Student Learning Mastery Gradebook.  

View solution in original post

@jcarpenter1 ...

Just a point of information here... the "Student Learning Mastery Gradebook" option may not be available for everyone at all schools like it might be for you.  That option first has to be enabled at the Canvas account level.  It has four "states":

• completely off by default for all people (so it would not show up in a course under "Feature Options"
  • off by default, but available for instructors to turn on per course
  • on by default, but available for instructors to turn off per course
  • completely on by default for all people ... and no way to turn it off

I'm not sure which way @CARLANOVRESKE's Canvas administrators have it configured, but that would be a great question to ask.

Hope this helps a bit.

View solution in original post