Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
VedicSharma

How long pageviews are kept

Jump to solution

Hello, I posted a question here a while back and have another one. On the guide for accessing pageviews, it is stated that "The Page views section only displays user data for the last 365 days". Is there any way to see activity from beyond this timeframe, or is this the maximum one can see? Thank you for your time and answers!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Did you pull it up using Canvas Data, the API, or the web interface?

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
bneporadny
Community Member

Hi VedicSharma,

I can't say for sure, but I think page views are kept in perpetuity. As when I went and reviewed my account within Canvas I am able to go back to 2017 when we first began using Canvas and I am able to see all my pages views. 

Did you pull it up using Canvas Data, the API, or the web interface?

0 Kudos
bneporadny
Community Member

Hi VedicSharma,

I pulled it via the web interface in this instance, but have pulled pages views via the API before and it goes back to when we started using Canvas. 

Ok, thanks for your answers. That is a little strange, because the Canvas guide states that they are kept for 365 days here: https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Admin-Guide/How-do-I-view-the-page-views-for-a-user-in-an-account...

Any idea why it states that there? Perhaps there it is referring to seeing other people's pageviews, but you can view your own pageviews forever? Could you confirm that you can also pull up students pageviews via the API from before a year? If so, I may have to rethink the Canvas project I am working on.

Thank you!

bneporadny
Community Member

Hi ,

I can't tell you why the document states it's only kept for 365. I can confirm that I was able to view a students page view from back in 2018 via the web interface and what you can see and is returned in the web interface is what gets returned via the API as well.