Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
OlaugGardener
Community Member

How to access Speedgrader speedily?

Jump to solution

Hi. 
Speedgrader is used regularly by our teachers, but is well hidden in menus with several steps to get to it. They have requested if it is possible to create a shortcut to this functionality?  Either by adding it as a tab in a course or if there is a keyboard shortcut available?

Appreciate any suggestions. 
Ollie

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
nwilson7
Community Champion

@OlaugGardener I don't think there is going to faster way then what has already been suggested. 

Currently the issue, at least in my opinion, stems from the fact that each assignment has its own SpeedGrader link and thus there is not a way to link to "SpeedGrader" in a navigation menu or other area of Canvas.

Maybe some custom JavaScript can be written that allows you to switch between assignments or if this feature request is implemented:

https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Idea-Conversations/Ability-to-move-through-all-assignments-for-on...

Then you could link to like the first assignment in SpeedGrader and jump around as needed.

-Nick

View solution in original post

5 Replies
A_K_Dekker
Community Participant

Hi @OlaugGardener ,

Depending on how you use the course navigation items I can think of 2 ways to jump to the Speedgrader directly:

You can use the 'To do' list on the Dashboard to jump straight into the Speedgrader:

Dashboard to do.png

Or if you`re using the syllabus function in that course, use the 'To do' list on the homepage of the course itself.

Course to do list.png

thanks @A_K_Dekker . I think thats a good tip, but this shortcut only works if there are "to-do"s to do.. 🙂 
The lecturer requesting this often access the Speedgrader even when the task(s) are complete, so the ideal scenario would be a keyboard shortcut or a (always available) quick-link of some such... 

OlaugGardener
Community Member

@kmeeusen - it was a good tip, but it wasnt accepted as a solution by my faculty member 😄 Do you know of any other tips of solutions that are there even when there are no to-dos left?

nwilson7
Community Champion

@OlaugGardener I don't think there is going to faster way then what has already been suggested. 

Currently the issue, at least in my opinion, stems from the fact that each assignment has its own SpeedGrader link and thus there is not a way to link to "SpeedGrader" in a navigation menu or other area of Canvas.

Maybe some custom JavaScript can be written that allows you to switch between assignments or if this feature request is implemented:

https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Idea-Conversations/Ability-to-move-through-all-assignments-for-on...

Then you could link to like the first assignment in SpeedGrader and jump around as needed.

-Nick

View solution in original post

OlaugGardener
Community Member

OK. Thanks for that clarification and the link to the JavaScrip suggestion.