How to get the certification for an online training

Jump to solution
PamelaGordon
Community Member

I completed the Core Social and Emotional Practices in an MTSS training (10 hours) online and didn't receive the certificate for it. I am trying to find it on the Canvas page and there's no option to download the certificate. The help says: Contact the instructor, but the online training doesn't have one. Any ideas or solutions? The training says that it is completed. Thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution
nwilson7
Community Champion

@PamelaGordon This is something that you will need to ask your institution since there is not an instructor.  Canvas by itself does not have anything that generates certificates. There are products that can be purchased to do this including one made by Instructure (same company as Canvas) called Catalog.  Depending on if they are using one of these tools or if it is a manual process that the institution is doing, the answer could be very different.

My institution does use the Catalog tool for certificates and the certificate will only generate if you truly have completed everything.  While you wait to hear back from the institution, it may be worth double checking that was nothing missed in your course, such as a page you needed to mark as viewed or a certain score you needed to get on a quiz.

Hope this helps!

-Nick

View solution in original post