How to restrict students from taking screenshot in Canvas?

Jump to solution
tm_05
Community Member

I would like to restrict students from taking screenshot in courses or exams. How can I do that? Thanks in advance.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
3 Solutions
Ron_Bowman
Community Champion

@tm_05 -

Based on the question, I am assuming these are online quizzes in Canvas.  If so, the only way I could think of that would be using something like respondus lockdown browser with monitor(especially if they are remote and not in a class room).  I am assuming that lockdown browser would prevent the screenshot capability.  and monitor for remote students would allow you to catch them using their phone to take a picture.

Note - I just mentioned respondus because that is what I have heard of.  I imagine there are other similar products.

Good luck

View solution in original post

ericwhitmer
Community Contributor

Do you have access to any products such as Respondus LockDown Browser, ProctorU, or other similar software at your institution? Those are the only products that I am aware of that can lock students into their exams and prevent them from getting screenshots.

0 Likes
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi there, @tm_05 ...

Here are a couple links for you for some of the Respondus products that @Ron_Bowman and @ericwhitmer reference in their replies:

Hope this helps a bit.

0 Likes