How to set a automatic reproduction of videos?

Jump to solution
ClaraGomes
Community Member

Hello!

I would like to set my courses on Canvas to automatically play some videos in a sequence, that are posted on the modules page.

For exemple: One class has 2 videos, I'll put them seperatelly on modules, so that the student can "mark as concluded" on each video. Is there a way to set these pages to automatically change, when they finish watching one video, so they can watch the second one right away?

The videos must be on differente pages.

Thank you

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
ProfessorBeyrer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Here's what I understand of your question, @ClaraGomes: You want students to watch videos in a particular order, with each on a separate Content Page within a Module so that you can add the "Mark as done" option for students. And you want them to watch the subsequent videos immediately.

I don't see a way to force the next video to play once students select Mark as done. They still have to select the Next button to advance to the next item the module. However, it is possible to automatically play a YouTube video once that next page loads. You can add the following to the embed code from YouTube:

?autoplay=1

Add this at the end of the src=attribute for the iframe. Here is an example of a YouTube video's embed code with autoplay enabled (the autoplay code is in red)

<iframe width="560" height="315" 
src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/pnqeriqKWPg?autoplay=1"
title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0"
allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write;
encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

View solution in original post

0 Likes