cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mcarlson
Community Participant

How to set maximum points on a Quiz.

I have a 3 question quiz I want to score as a maximum of 2 points.  (ie. they get 0 pts for all 3 wrong, 1 pt for two wong, and 2 pts if they have either 1 wrong or zero wrong.)

How do I go about doing this?  (Essentially making anyone with all 3 questions right score 2 pts maximum...)

0 Kudos
3 Replies
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

The way points for quizzes work is that you would either need to assign each individual question a point value OR put the questions in a question group and say how many points each question in the group is worth. Either way you need to assign a point value to all of the questions. As for the way these points are assigned is based on the question type, but I can’t think of any configuration that would allow you to do what you are wanting to do. 

chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello  @mcarlson ...

As I was reviewing older questions here in the Canvas Community, I came across your question.  I noticed that we have not heard from you in four months since you first posted this question.  Have you had an opportunity to review the feedback that you've received from  @kona ?  If so, did her response help to answer your question?  Do you have any outstanding questions yet as it relates to your initial question?  If you feel that Kona's feedback has helped to resolve your question, please go ahead and mark it as "Correct".  However, if you are still looking for some help from members of the Community, please let us know by posting a message below.  For now, I am going to mark your question as "Assumed Answered" because we've not heard back from you and because there hasn't been any new activity in this topic since October 10, 2017.  However, that won't prevent you or others from posting additional questions and/or comments below that are related to this topic.  I hope that's alright with you, Matt.  Looking forward to hearing back from you soon!

mcarlson
Community Participant

Nope.  Still unable to do this.

So, answered?  but with a "no" rather than how?