How to stop shuffling of questions

Jump to solution
Jackster
Community Member

Hello,

I'm aware that Canvas can shuffle the responses within each question when an exam is activated for our students. However, my issue is I would like Canvas to not shuffle the questions themselves (they can shuffle the multiple choices within, but I don't want the questions shuffled).

The reason why I am hoping to stop the shuffling of questions is because I want to sequence my questions to flow with how the chapter presents its contents.

Is this possible? I've done quite a few searches and all results from the searches appear to show how one can stop the shuffling of answer choices; however, I'm hoping to stop the shuffling of questions. 

Thank you for any tips coming this way.

Sincerely,

Jackster

0 Likes
1 Solution

@Jackster -

My guess is that you have New Quizzes and not Classic Quizzes(old).  Classic Quizzes was first, and then a few years back there was a push by Canvas to go to a new Quiz concept and implementation.  The easiest way for me to tell you the difference is if you have to click on a build button for the quiz, then it is a new quiz.  Otherwise it is a classic quiz.  Some institutions use only New Quizzes, some only allow classic and some like mine allow either.

to help further, here are the two chapters of the instructor manual dealing with the two types of quizzes.

Classic Quiz Chapter(just labeled as Quizzes)

New Quiz Chapter

Ron

View solution in original post

0 Likes